A crafty Obama protester created a modified stop sign to hang near President Obama's July 14 campaign event in Glen Allen, Va. An undeterred Obama discussed his plan to restore middle-class financial security, and urged Congress to act on extending Bush-era tax cuts to those families who make under $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week