A crafty Obama protester created a modified stop sign to hang near President Obama's July 14 campaign event in Glen Allen, Va. An undeterred Obama discussed his plan to restore middle-class financial security, and urged Congress to act on extending Bush-era tax cuts to those families who make under $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to live a long life, according to science
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week