A crafty Obama protester created a modified stop sign to hang near President Obama's July 14 campaign event in Glen Allen, Va. An undeterred Obama discussed his plan to restore middle-class financial security, and urged Congress to act on extending Bush-era tax cuts to those families who make under $250,000.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 31, 2014
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Don't vote for Andrew Cuomo
Subscribe to the Week