Ardent Republicans — including this arguably over-confident sign maker — cheer as Mitt Romney speaks at a July campaign rally in Bowling Green, Ohio. The latest Rasmussen poll shows Romney and Obama still virtually tied at 45 and 44 percent respectively.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Four annoying sounds you need to stop making
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 10 things you need to know today: August 23, 2014
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
Subscribe to the Week