A bar in Mankato, Minnesota has installed a machine that dispenses pregnancy tests in its women's bathroom. It took Pub 5000 owner Tom Frederik "about 30 seconds to say yes" to the idea, which was proposed by a regular customer who happens to be an expert in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. With a swipe of a debit card, bar-goers can make sure they don't have a bun in the oven before downing some brews. Hmm, says Meredith Carroll at Babble, "I still think a condom machine might be even more effective."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Keira Knightley on Laggies, relationships, and surviving your 20s
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 10 things you need to know today: October 24, 2014
Subscribe to the Week