A bar in Mankato, Minnesota has installed a machine that dispenses pregnancy tests in its women's bathroom. It took Pub 5000 owner Tom Frederik "about 30 seconds to say yes" to the idea, which was proposed by a regular customer who happens to be an expert in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. With a swipe of a debit card, bar-goers can make sure they don't have a bun in the oven before downing some brews. Hmm, says Meredith Carroll at Babble, "I still think a condom machine might be even more effective."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: October 22, 2014
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Secret Service stretched mission to protect employee, report finds
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to make corn dogs
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
Subscribe to the Week