A bar in Mankato, Minnesota has installed a machine that dispenses pregnancy tests in its women's bathroom. It took Pub 5000 owner Tom Frederik "about 30 seconds to say yes" to the idea, which was proposed by a regular customer who happens to be an expert in fetal alcohol spectrum disorder. With a swipe of a debit card, bar-goers can make sure they don't have a bun in the oven before downing some brews. Hmm, says Meredith Carroll at Babble, "I still think a condom machine might be even more effective."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- This judge is the reason we're still fighting over net neutrality
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Everything you need to know about Japan's population crisis
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
Subscribe to the Week