Bulgari's latest incarnation of the Serpenti watch bracelet (Price upon request, at 800-285-4274) extravagantly reimagines a classic accessory. The jeweler's snake-inspired timekeepers "were a hit when they were introduced in the late 1940s" and "have continued to rule the wrists of fashion icons through the years." (Elizabeth Taylor wore one on the set while filming Cleopatra.) The latest made-to-order line is available in 18-karat gold, white gold, or rose gold, with your choice of emerald, onyx, and sapphire. The watch face is "cunningly concealed" inside the serpent's head. Source: Harper's Bazaar
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
Subscribe to the Week