A New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christian conservatives have a terrifying new bogeyman: The Christian leftist
- Eric Holder blew it as attorney general. His replacement will, too,
- 10 innovative furniture designs that brilliantly save you space
- How ancient DNA is rewriting human history
Subscribe to the Week