A New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
Subscribe to the Week