A New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Hey, grammar nerds! Stop freaking out about 'alot.'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week