New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' confused man-crush on Vladimir Putin
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Religious liberty should be a liberal value, too
5 surprising facts about left-handed people
- The new bride who had a horrifying allergic reaction to her husband's sperm
Subscribe to the Week