A New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
Subscribe to the Week