A New York hedge-fund manager tried to sue his ex-wife for 35 percent of her $1 million shoe collection. Daniel Shak claims that his wife, Beth, never told him about the 1,200 pairs of designer shoes she bought before they divorced three years ago. In response, the former Mrs. Shak said, "He is saying he didn't know the closet in our master bedroom existed."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- Half the world's population lives in these 6 countries
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Today in history: Lincoln reveals the real goal of the Civil War
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
Subscribe to the Week