Sci-fi junkies who half-seriously forecasted an imminent zombie apocalypse in the wake of disturbing news reports of cannibalism can rest easy, thanks to OpticsPlanet's Zombie Extermination, Research, and Operation Kit ($24,000). The pricey package will help you protect your delicious brain from the ravenous undead with a zombie-slicing knife, night-vision scope, thermal imaging camera, lab equipment, first aid kit, kevlar gloves, weapon sights, and in case you get thirsty, a "Battle Mug." Source: CNET
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- America is building a Sunni army in Iraq to take on the Islamic State
- The age of miracles is over — even for the religious
- The Hobbit: A disappointing set of movies, but a worthy set of prequels
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
Subscribe to the Week