Sci-fi junkies who half-seriously forecasted an imminent zombie apocalypse in the wake of disturbing news reports of cannibalism can rest easy, thanks to OpticsPlanet's Zombie Extermination, Research, and Operation Kit ($24,000). The pricey package will help you protect your delicious brain from the ravenous undead with a zombie-slicing knife, night-vision scope, thermal imaging camera, lab equipment, first aid kit, kevlar gloves, weapon sights, and in case you get thirsty, a "Battle Mug." Source: CNET
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
Subscribe to the Week