hen Tennessee man Lowell Turpin, 40, saw a photo of a strange man on his live-in girlfriend's Facebook page, he reportedly accused her of planning an affair. Turpin demanded to know who the man was, and his girlfriend told him: GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney. Apparently still quite angry, Turpin allegedly grabbed his girlfriend's laptop, threw it against the wall, and hit her in the face. He has been charged with domestic assault.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week