When Tennessee man Lowell Turpin, 40, saw a photo of a strange man on his live-in girlfriend's Facebook page, he reportedly accused her of planning an affair. Turpin demanded to know who the man was, and his girlfriend told him: GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney. Apparently still quite angry, Turpin allegedly grabbed his girlfriend's laptop, threw it against the wall, and hit her in the face. He has been charged with domestic assault.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- What the media gets wrong about Jeb Bush
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
Subscribe to the Week