When Tennessee man Lowell Turpin, 40, saw a photo of a strange man on his live-in girlfriend's Facebook page, he reportedly accused her of planning an affair. Turpin demanded to know who the man was, and his girlfriend told him: GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney. Apparently still quite angry, Turpin allegedly grabbed his girlfriend's laptop, threw it against the wall, and hit her in the face. He has been charged with domestic assault.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- 10 things you need to know today: October 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week