hen Tennessee man Lowell Turpin, 40, saw a photo of a strange man on his live-in girlfriend's Facebook page, he reportedly accused her of planning an affair. Turpin demanded to know who the man was, and his girlfriend told him: GOP presidential contender Mitt Romney. Apparently still quite angry, Turpin allegedly grabbed his girlfriend's laptop, threw it against the wall, and hit her in the face. He has been charged with domestic assault.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Why is American internet so slow?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
- The worrying rise of the anti-vaccination movement
- Can Rand Paul avoid the Neville Chamberlain trap?
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
Subscribe to the Week