LaDonna Secrist, owner of The Squirrel's Den, a chocolate factory in Mansfield, Ohio, gives President Obama a sample of fudge to taste. "I actually had a dream about you coming here," employee Lia Brunetti, 19, told the POTUS during his unannounced stop. "You are literally making my dream come true." The president graciously conceded that she must be "psychic."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 10 things you need to know today: July 25, 2014
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week