LaDonna Secrist, owner of The Squirrel's Den, a chocolate factory in Mansfield, Ohio, gives President Obama a sample of fudge to taste. "I actually had a dream about you coming here," employee Lia Brunetti, 19, told the POTUS during his unannounced stop. "You are literally making my dream come true." The president graciously conceded that she must be "psychic."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
Subscribe to the Week