A Mississippi couple was barred from getting wed in a predominantly white church because they are black. Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson had already mailed out invitations when the pastor told them his Baptist congregation had decided that "no black could be married at the church." The Wilsons were married elsewhere, but expressed shock over such bigotry from people "who call themselves Christians."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: October 1, 2014
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- Why colleges' insistence on 'diversity' actually fails disadvantaged kids
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
Subscribe to the Week