Mississippi couple was barred from getting wed in a predominantly white church because they are black. Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson had already mailed out invitations when the pastor told them his Baptist congregation had decided that "no black could be married at the church." The Wilsons were married elsewhere, but expressed shock over such bigotry from people "who call themselves Christians."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Mad Men recap: 'A Day's Work'
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: No matter what, broadcasters lose
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 10 things you need to know today: April 21, 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- The case for killing law school
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
Subscribe to the Week