A Mississippi couple was barred from getting wed in a predominantly white church because they are black. Charles and Te'Andrea Wilson had already mailed out invitations when the pastor told them his Baptist congregation had decided that "no black could be married at the church." The Wilsons were married elsewhere, but expressed shock over such bigotry from people "who call themselves Christians."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Pope Francis' American problem
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Are there dogs in heaven? Let's hope not.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 19, 2014
Subscribe to the Week