"Papa" John Schnatter, the CEO of Papa John's pizza and a major Romney donor, threatened to raise the price of his pizzas if ObamaCare isn't repealed. If forced to insure his workers, he says, he'll need to pass on the cost to consumers to protect his shareholders' interests — an increasingly common threat among conservative business owners who oppose the Affordable Care Act. Still, Schnatter is only forecasting a price hike of 11 to 14 cents — hardly a "pizzapocalypse."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The week's best photojournalism
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
Subscribe to the Week