"Papa" John Schnatter, the CEO of Papa John's pizza and a major Romney donor, threatened to raise the price of his pizzas if ObamaCare isn't repealed. If forced to insure his workers, he says, he'll need to pass on the cost to consumers to protect his shareholders' interests — an increasingly common threat among conservative business owners who oppose the Affordable Care Act. Still, Schnatter is only forecasting a price hike of 11 to 14 cents — hardly a "pizzapocalypse."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The government is getting into the fact-checking business. Be very, very afraid.
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- In defense of Obama's golfing
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- A trick for better lunch sandwiches
- How Hillary Clinton's 'smart power' turned Libya into a dumpster fire
Subscribe to the Week