"Papa" John Schnatter, the CEO of Papa John's pizza and a major Romney donor, threatened to raise the price of his pizzas if ObamaCare isn't repealed. If forced to insure his workers, he says, he'll need to pass on the cost to consumers to protect his shareholders' interests — an increasingly common threat among conservative business owners who oppose the Affordable Care Act. Still, Schnatter is only forecasting a price hike of 11 to 14 cents — hardly a "pizzapocalypse."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 10 things you need to know today: September 21, 2014
- How U2 became the new Nickelback
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
Subscribe to the Week