"Papa" John Schnatter, the CEO of Papa John's pizza and a major Romney donor, threatened to raise the price of his pizzas if ObamaCare isn't repealed. If forced to insure his workers, he says, he'll need to pass on the cost to consumers to protect his shareholders' interests — an increasingly common threat among conservative business owners who oppose the Affordable Care Act. Still, Schnatter is only forecasting a price hike of 11 to 14 cents — hardly a "pizzapocalypse."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week