When Seth Horvitz received a package from Amazon.com, the Washington, D.C., resident assumed it was the high-definition television he'd ordered through a third-party seller on Amazon a few days prior. Surprise: Instead of offering a crisper way to view Modern Family, the box contained a 7.6-pound, 37-inch-long Sig Sauer SIG716 assault rifle. "When I realized it as an assault rifle, it was pure shock and disbelief," Horvitz told Wired. Since such weapons are illegal in D.C., Horvitz promptly called the police, who confiscated the gun.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Don't hate the 'poor door'
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week