hen Seth Horvitz received a package from Amazon.com, the Washington, D.C., resident assumed it was the high-definition television he'd ordered through a third-party seller on Amazon a few days prior. Surprise: Instead of offering a crisper way to view Modern Family, the box contained a 7.6-pound, 37-inch-long Sig Sauer SIG716 assault rifle. "When I realized it as an assault rifle, it was pure shock and disbelief," Horvitz told Wired. Since such weapons are illegal in D.C., Horvitz promptly called the police, who confiscated the gun.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- These stunning travel photos remind us that we're all just amateurs with iPhones
Subscribe to the Week