supporter holds a photo of Mitt Romney, and his newly tapped running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) while attending a campaign rally in Waukesha, Wis., on Aug. 12. Just one day earlier, many were surprised to learn that Ryan's name would be appearing alongside Romney's on campaign paraphernalia for the next three months. At least the two names are alliterative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
Subscribe to the Week