A supporter holds a photo of Mitt Romney, and his newly tapped running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) while attending a campaign rally in Waukesha, Wis., on Aug. 12. Just one day earlier, many were surprised to learn that Ryan's name would be appearing alongside Romney's on campaign paraphernalia for the next three months. At least the two names are alliterative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- 10 things you need to know today: August 21, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- The fascinating political evolution of Paul Ryan
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week