A supporter holds a photo of Mitt Romney, and his newly tapped running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) while attending a campaign rally in Waukesha, Wis., on Aug. 12. Just one day earlier, many were surprised to learn that Ryan's name would be appearing alongside Romney's on campaign paraphernalia for the next three months. At least the two names are alliterative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you should absolutely watch this confounding, wonderful World Series
- Rise of the machines
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week