A supporter holds a photo of Mitt Romney, and his newly tapped running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) while attending a campaign rally in Waukesha, Wis., on Aug. 12. Just one day earlier, many were surprised to learn that Ryan's name would be appearing alongside Romney's on campaign paraphernalia for the next three months. At least the two names are alliterative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
Subscribe to the Week