A supporter holds a photo of Mitt Romney, and his newly tapped running mate Rep. Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) while attending a campaign rally in Waukesha, Wis., on Aug. 12. Just one day earlier, many were surprised to learn that Ryan's name would be appearing alongside Romney's on campaign paraphernalia for the next three months. At least the two names are alliterative.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week