Drones aren't just for nosy governments anymore. Get your own Spy Hawk RC glider ($400), equipped with a 3.5 megapixel camera, and you can live-stream footage to its controller, giving you a bird's-eye view as your drone glides through the sky over your unsuspecting neighbors. The drone, about two-feet-long, can handle a range of 2,000 feet and about 15 minutes of flight on a single charge. And don't worry about missing any action — particularly interesting discoveries can be saved to the Sky Hawk's 4GB SD card for later viewing. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week