Drones aren't just for nosy governments anymore. Get your own Spy Hawk RC glider ($400), equipped with a 3.5 megapixel camera, and you can live-stream footage to its controller, giving you a bird's-eye view as your drone glides through the sky over your unsuspecting neighbors. The drone, about two-feet-long, can handle a range of 2,000 feet and about 15 minutes of flight on a single charge. And don't worry about missing any action — particularly interesting discoveries can be saved to the Sky Hawk's 4GB SD card for later viewing. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
Subscribe to the Week