Drones aren't just for nosy governments anymore. Get your own Spy Hawk RC glider ($400), equipped with a 3.5 megapixel camera, and you can live-stream footage to its controller, giving you a bird's-eye view as your drone glides through the sky over your unsuspecting neighbors. The drone, about two-feet-long, can handle a range of 2,000 feet and about 15 minutes of flight on a single charge. And don't worry about missing any action — particularly interesting discoveries can be saved to the Sky Hawk's 4GB SD card for later viewing. Source: Gizmodo
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- Pope Francis' American problem
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
Subscribe to the Week