resident Obama and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, right, inspect drought-damaged corn on the McIntosh Family Farm in Iowa with members of the McIntosh family on Aug. 13. In a speech at the 96-year-old farm, Obama said that the family has "seen just about everything, but this is the worst drought they can remember in decades."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Attack of the invasive species
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- 10 things you need to know today: April 19, 2014
- How Captain America won over China
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
Subscribe to the Week