President Obama and Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, right, inspect drought-damaged corn on the McIntosh Family Farm in Iowa with members of the McIntosh family on Aug. 13. In a speech at the 96-year-old farm, Obama said that the family has "seen just about everything, but this is the worst drought they can remember in decades."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- Russia's giant spy ship was a high-tech disaster waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
Subscribe to the Week