How do you walk your Wheaten Terrier if it's raining, and he digs in his paws? How do you get a portly Pomeranian to slim down? Consider the DogPacer ($499), a canine treadmill that its manufacturer bills, rather threateningly, as "your dog's other best friend." If the price seems high, you should know that an underwater doggie treadmill — for pets who prefer aquatic exercise — would set you back a cool $40,000. Source: Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
- Why America is duty-bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week