How do you walk your Wheaten Terrier if it's raining, and he digs in his paws? How do you get a portly Pomeranian to slim down? Consider the DogPacer ($499), a canine treadmill that its manufacturer bills, rather threateningly, as "your dog's other best friend." If the price seems high, you should know that an underwater doggie treadmill — for pets who prefer aquatic exercise — would set you back a cool $40,000. Source: Associated Press
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What is driving the increasingly weird behavior of the polar jet stream?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- Christians have no moral rationale for spanking their children
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Should you hope to die at 75? Absolutely not.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America should team up with Bashar al-Assad's regime
- Stop hating on cyclists
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
Subscribe to the Week