Black Diamond Nail Polish ($250,000), created by Azature, has attained bragging rights as the most expensive nail lacquer in history because the couture jeweler has produced a single bottle that contains 267 carats of real black diamonds. The price tag might be steep even for some of the glamorous clients who've worn Azature's jewelry, including Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, and Scarlett Johansson. But that doesn't mean we're all shut out: Azature is also releasing a $25 department-store version. It’s said there will be a single black diamond in each bottle. Source: The Huffington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- The liberation of Barack Obama
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
- What is Jebonomics?
Subscribe to the Week