Black Diamond Nail Polish ($250,000), created by Azature, has attained bragging rights as the most expensive nail lacquer in history because the couture jeweler has produced a single bottle that contains 267 carats of real black diamonds. The price tag might be steep even for some of the glamorous clients who've worn Azature's jewelry, including Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, and Scarlett Johansson. But that doesn't mean we're all shut out: Azature is also releasing a $25 department-store version. It’s said there will be a single black diamond in each bottle. Source: The Huffington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Ban PowerPoint!
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Rise of the machines
Subscribe to the Week