Black Diamond Nail Polish ($250,000), created by Azature, has attained bragging rights as the most expensive nail lacquer in history because the couture jeweler has produced a single bottle that contains 267 carats of real black diamonds. The price tag might be steep even for some of the glamorous clients who've worn Azature's jewelry, including Beyoncé, Miley Cyrus, and Scarlett Johansson. But that doesn't mean we're all shut out: Azature is also releasing a $25 department-store version. It’s said there will be a single black diamond in each bottle. Source: The Huffington Post
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week