n Oregon man has been jailed for 30 days for collecting water in three ponds on his property. Gary Harrington argued that, while a 1925 law gives the city of Medford the right to all local "core sources of water," that surely didn't include the rain falling on his ranch. But a court disagreed. "I'm sacrificing my liberty so we can stand up as a country," Harrington said as he entered jail.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 'Tis the season for having sex with old flames and ruining your office reputation
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- 10 things you need to know today: December 8, 2013
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
Subscribe to the Week