A Nevada man who wore a legally concealed weapon to the movies alarmed fellow patrons when he accidentally shot himself in the buttocks. Police say the unidentified man, whom they found at a hospital, told them he was adjusting the seat when the weapon fell and discharged. He apologized out loud, but several moviegoers called cops, reporting gunfire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- Why the government should pay every American child an allowance
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week