A Nevada man who wore a legally concealed weapon to the movies alarmed fellow patrons when he accidentally shot himself in the buttocks. Police say the unidentified man, whom they found at a hospital, told them he was adjusting the seat when the weapon fell and discharged. He apologized out loud, but several moviegoers called cops, reporting gunfire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
Subscribe to the Week