A Nevada man who wore a legally concealed weapon to the movies alarmed fellow patrons when he accidentally shot himself in the buttocks. Police say the unidentified man, whom they found at a hospital, told them he was adjusting the seat when the weapon fell and discharged. He apologized out loud, but several moviegoers called cops, reporting gunfire.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- 10 things you need to know today: November 24, 2014
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
Subscribe to the Week