Matthew Ricali of Charlotte, N.C., wears a T-shirt with a doctored image of Mitt Romney made up to look like Gene Simmons of the rock band Kiss. Ricali was one of some 7,000 people attending an Aug. 12 Romney-Ryan campaign event at the NASCAR Technical institute, which is celebrating its 10-year anniversary.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 29 adorable slang terms for sex (from the last 600 years)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What if The Purge was real?
- Why I choose not to be rich
- Here's the last time Russia shot down a passenger plane
Subscribe to the Week