Matthew Ricali of Charlotte, N.C., wears a T-shirt with a doctored image of Mitt Romney made up to look like Gene Simmons of the rock band Kiss. Ricali was one of some 7,000 people attending an Aug. 12 Romney-Ryan campaign event at the NASCAR Technical institute, which is celebrating its 10-year anniversary.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Twin Peaks: What the newly revealed 'missing pieces' change about the series
Subscribe to the Week