During a three-day campaign bus tour, President Obama has breakfast on Aug. 15 with three Iowa veterans — Amanda Irish, Jake Krapfi, and Terry Phillips — at Riley's Cafe and Catering in Cedar Rapids. Obama ordered two eggs, hash browns, fruit, and orange juice. He drolly downplayed the stir his presence was causing in the diner: "Don't mind these people," the president joked, gesturing at the Iowans sitting across from him. "Try to enjoy your breakfast."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Israel has only two choices: Eliminate the Palestinians or make peace
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 9 things you probably didn't know about the moon
- WATCH: Australia's army chief demonstrates how you address sex abuse
Subscribe to the Week