During a three-day campaign bus tour, President Obama has breakfast on Aug. 15 with three Iowa veterans — Amanda Irish, Jake Krapfi, and Terry Phillips — at Riley's Cafe and Catering in Cedar Rapids. Obama ordered two eggs, hash browns, fruit, and orange juice. He drolly downplayed the stir his presence was causing in the diner: "Don't mind these people," the president joked, gesturing at the Iowans sitting across from him. "Try to enjoy your breakfast."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Sex can't explain the culture war
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- This simple hack for slicing cherry tomatoes will astound you
Subscribe to the Week