During a three-day campaign bus tour, President Obama has breakfast on Aug. 15 with three Iowa veterans — Amanda Irish, Jake Krapfi, and Terry Phillips — at Riley's Cafe and Catering in Cedar Rapids. Obama ordered two eggs, hash browns, fruit, and orange juice. He drolly downplayed the stir his presence was causing in the diner: "Don't mind these people," the president joked, gesturing at the Iowans sitting across from him. "Try to enjoy your breakfast."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week