aul Ryan still lives in Janesville, Wis. (population: 64,000), where he was born and raised. And now that the boyish congressman is Mitt Romney's GOP running mate, he's welcoming some new friends into the neighborhood: Secret Service agents. Here, an agent monitors Ryan's six-bedroom home — built in 1928, valued at $459,000, and purchased by Ryan in 2010. The Secret Service has also placed barricades at several nearby intersections, and warned passersby that they are "subject to search."
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 6 grammar points to watch out for in Christmas songs
- Science: Cuddling is key to a committed and loving relationship
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- 32 TV shows to watch in 2013 [Updated]
- China's massive pollution problem
- How the strange case of Obama's Uncle Omar complicates immigration reform
- Watch The Daily Show use Pope Francis to hammer Fox Business pundits
Subscribe to the Week