aul Ryan still lives in Janesville, Wis. (population: 64,000), where he was born and raised. And now that the boyish congressman is Mitt Romney's GOP running mate, he's welcoming some new friends into the neighborhood: Secret Service agents. Here, an agent monitors Ryan's six-bedroom home — built in 1928, valued at $459,000, and purchased by Ryan in 2010. The Secret Service has also placed barricades at several nearby intersections, and warned passersby that they are "subject to search."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to be more satisfied with your life, according to science
- The Warren Buffett formula: How you can get smarter
- The contentious policy at the heart of Cliven Bundy's armed standoff with the government
- 7 ways to quickly become a master at anything
- How to flirt, according to science
Subscribe to the Week