Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that a rock band known for its frighteningly over-the-top makeup, flamboyant stage outfits, and pyrotechnic-packed concerts is choosing not to take an understated route with its latest piece of memorabilia. Indeed, in predictably excessive fashion, KISS' newest offering is a 3-foot-tall, 2-foot-wide photo book that weighs nearly 50 pounds. Only 1,000 copies of the aptly-named Kiss Monster ($4,250) will be produced, and each one is signed by the band's current members. Source: A.V. Club
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- What if Leo Strauss was right?
- Feast your eyes on this beautiful linguistic family tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
Subscribe to the Week