Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that a rock band known for its frighteningly over-the-top makeup, flamboyant stage outfits, and pyrotechnic-packed concerts is choosing not to take an understated route with its latest piece of memorabilia. Indeed, in predictably excessive fashion, KISS' newest offering is a 3-foot-tall, 2-foot-wide photo book that weighs nearly 50 pounds. Only 1,000 copies of the aptly-named Kiss Monster ($4,250) will be produced, and each one is signed by the band's current members. Source: A.V. Club
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- This is how the U.S. thinks China could invade Taiwan
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Can we lead spiritually fulfilling lives without religion?
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Confessions of a hotel insider
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week