Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that a rock band known for its frighteningly over-the-top makeup, flamboyant stage outfits, and pyrotechnic-packed concerts is choosing not to take an understated route with its latest piece of memorabilia. Indeed, in predictably excessive fashion, KISS' newest offering is a 3-foot-tall, 2-foot-wide photo book that weighs nearly 50 pounds. Only 1,000 copies of the aptly-named Kiss Monster ($4,250) will be produced, and each one is signed by the band's current members. Source: A.V. Club
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- Why we gossip, according to science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week