Perhaps we shouldn't be surprised that a rock band known for its frighteningly over-the-top makeup, flamboyant stage outfits, and pyrotechnic-packed concerts is choosing not to take an understated route with its latest piece of memorabilia. Indeed, in predictably excessive fashion, KISS' newest offering is a 3-foot-tall, 2-foot-wide photo book that weighs nearly 50 pounds. Only 1,000 copies of the aptly-named Kiss Monster ($4,250) will be produced, and each one is signed by the band's current members. Source: A.V. Club
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- The lessons of Japan's latest recession
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why the poor can't catch a break on Thanksgiving
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How to adopt the perfect rescue dog
Subscribe to the Week