A lonely screen above the floor at Tampa's Republican National Convention venue tracks the projected path of Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm began pounding South Florida on Monday, forcing the GOP to cancel all scheduled events on the opening day of the party's nominating convention. As workers milled around the empty room on Sunday, delegation signs marked the vacant spots where each state's delegates will gather on Tuesday — weather permitting.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Mitt Romney is perfectly poised for a comeback in 2016
- 10 things you need to know today: August 1, 2014
- 8 secrets to steal from power networkers
- How Ronald Reagan turned America into a nation of children
- How to make classic pulled pork
- The Nazi smart bomb that inspired China's most dangerous weapon
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is the West so afraid of Islam?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- The main lesson of Argentina's debt nightmare
Subscribe to the Week