A lonely screen above the floor at Tampa's Republican National Convention venue tracks the projected path of Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm began pounding South Florida on Monday, forcing the GOP to cancel all scheduled events on the opening day of the party's nominating convention. As workers milled around the empty room on Sunday, delegation signs marked the vacant spots where each state's delegates will gather on Tuesday — weather permitting.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- 10 things you need to know today: September 1, 2014
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The next pandemic
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- These real-life Rosie the Riveters changed the face of labor
Subscribe to the Week