lonely screen above the floor at Tampa's Republican National Convention venue tracks the projected path of Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm began pounding South Florida on Monday, forcing the GOP to cancel all scheduled events on the opening day of the party's nominating convention. As workers milled around the empty room on Sunday, delegation signs marked the vacant spots where each state's delegates will gather on Tuesday — weather permitting.
- Did God have a wife?
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- 10 things you need to know today: December 9, 2013
- Homeland recap: 'Big Man in Tehran'
- Watch SNL delightfully mess with all your childhood Christmas favorites
- 7 strange things found in people's stomachs [Updated]
- Rick Santorum wins the prize for the worst Nelson Mandela tribute
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Here's how crazy-long German words are made
Subscribe to the Week