lonely screen above the floor at Tampa's Republican National Convention venue tracks the projected path of Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm began pounding South Florida on Monday, forcing the GOP to cancel all scheduled events on the opening day of the party's nominating convention. As workers milled around the empty room on Sunday, delegation signs marked the vacant spots where each state's delegates will gather on Tuesday — weather permitting.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How to flirt, according to science
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- What The Americans gets wrong about Russian spies
- 3 ways elephants and neuroscience can help you make better decisions
Subscribe to the Week