lonely screen above the floor at Tampa's Republican National Convention venue tracks the projected path of Tropical Storm Isaac. The storm began pounding South Florida on Monday, forcing the GOP to cancel all scheduled events on the opening day of the party's nominating convention. As workers milled around the empty room on Sunday, delegation signs marked the vacant spots where each state's delegates will gather on Tuesday — weather permitting.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why Antonin Scalia was right to defend a drug dealer
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: April 23, 2014
- Why Mindy Kaling — not Lena Dunham — is the body positive icon of the moment
- Why we need a maximum wage
- Obama doesn't have a manhood problem — but conservatives certainly do
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
Subscribe to the Week