While Republicans have officially embraced Mitt Romney as their presidential nominee at their Tampa convention, Dems in North Carolina line up loyally to receive credentials to hear President Obama's acceptance speech at their own convention, unfolding in Charlotte beginning Sept. 4.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 30, 2014
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
- Stop calling the GOP the party of new ideas
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
Subscribe to the Week