While Republicans have officially embraced Mitt Romney as their presidential nominee at their Tampa convention, Dems in North Carolina line up loyally to receive credentials to hear President Obama's acceptance speech at their own convention, unfolding in Charlotte beginning Sept. 4.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
Subscribe to the Week