While Republicans have officially embraced Mitt Romney as their presidential nominee at their Tampa convention, Dems in North Carolina line up loyally to receive credentials to hear President Obama's acceptance speech at their own convention, unfolding in Charlotte beginning Sept. 4.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Vox, derp, and the intellectual stagnation of the left
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
Subscribe to the Week