ebraska 3-year-old Hunter Spanjer is deaf, so he communicates his name by signing with a hand gesture. But Hunter's school believes that the official sign for his name, which is made by waving his hands with crossed and pointed fingers, too closely resembles a gun, and is therefore in violation of the school's strict no-weapons policy. "This is absolutely ridiculous," Hunter's grandmother told a local news station. School officials say they will not discuss the matter publicly, but are working with Hunter's parents on a compromise.
- 4 secret societies you probably don't know about
- Watch The Daily Show mock the NSA and the gamers they're spying on
- The 10 worst-reviewed movies of 2013
- How to stick it to the poor: A congressional strategy
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- Battle in a blizzard
- Did God have a wife?
- The secrets of happy families
- 5 theories to explain North Korea's big mysterious purge
Subscribe to the Week