The Bang lamp ($299) from Bitplay is "as useful as the Clapper, but much cooler and more fun." Instead of clapping your hands to turn this sleek, modern-looking light on and off, you aim a pistol-shaped remote control toward it and pull the trigger. "Not only does your sharpshootin' shut the lamp off, it knocks the shade to the side as if you've hit the mark." Pull the trigger a second time and the shade goes back into place as the bulb lights. You can also practice your long range: The remote works at distances up to 49 feet. Source: Gizmag.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 classic Sesame Street moments we wouldn't show today's kids
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- These 5 things will definitely happen after Obama moves on immigration
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What could happen if the Supreme Court rules against ObamaCare
- On immigration, Obama is flirting with tyranny
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The GOP's best response to Obama's immigration move: Toothless griping
- Why are newspaper comics so terrible?
- Hillary Clinton needs to win big in 2016. Here's how she can do it.
Subscribe to the Week