he Bang lamp ($299) from Bitplay is "as useful as the Clapper, but much cooler and more fun." Instead of clapping your hands to turn this sleek, modern-looking light on and off, you aim a pistol-shaped remote control toward it and pull the trigger. "Not only does your sharpshootin' shut the lamp off, it knocks the shade to the side as if you've hit the mark." Pull the trigger a second time and the shade goes back into place as the bulb lights. You can also practice your long range: The remote works at distances up to 49 feet. Source: Gizmag.com
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 10 things you need to know today: March 9, 2014
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
Subscribe to the Week