he United Nations has denied it has plans to invade Texas. Lubbock County Judge Tom Head recently charged in a TV interview that if President Obama won re-election, he would "hand over sovereignty of the U.S. to the U.N.," and send in "U.N. troops with the little blue beanies." A spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon denied there's any takeover plot, adding, "Not even the United Nations would mess with Texas."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Israel and Russia are getting along. Have the neocons noticed?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why we can't stop procrastinating, according to science
- If a nuclear bomb exploded in downtown Washington, what should you do?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- How Ukraine can fend off the Russians, in 7 simple steps
- There's a number of reasons the grammar of this headline could infuriate you
- How to make homemade marshmallow Peeps
Subscribe to the Week