The United Nations has denied it has plans to invade Texas. Lubbock County Judge Tom Head recently charged in a TV interview that if President Obama won re-election, he would "hand over sovereignty of the U.S. to the U.N.," and send in "U.N. troops with the little blue beanies." A spokesman for U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon denied there's any takeover plot, adding, "Not even the United Nations would mess with Texas."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- The essential techniques that every home cook should know
Subscribe to the Week