urlington, Vt., restaurants are adding 18 percent to the bills of French-speaking diners, on the grounds that Quebecers are "bad tippers." Restaurant owner Sandy Kong defended the practice, saying, "Some Canadians come in, they spend like $100 or $150, and they leave the waitstaff maybe a $1 tip."
- Mexico's unluckiest thieves stole enough radioactive waste to make a dirty bomb
- Australia just scrapped its debt ceiling. America should, too.
- 5 books to read before your 30th birthday
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 10 works of literature that were exceptionally hard to write
- The indignity of canine bath time
- Why learning which of your Facebook friends hate you is a great idea
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- The 13-year-old CEO who invented a cure for hiccups
Subscribe to the Week