Arizona delegate Debra Jean Forrest proudly piles on President Obama at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., sporting a button bearing a photo of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer wagging her finger in Obama's face. The photo was taken in January, when Brewer and Obama were captured in a heated exchange on the tarmac as Obama stepped off his plane in Phoenix. After the argument — apparently sparked when Obama disputed Brewer's earlier claim that Obama had "lectured" her about Arizona's immigration crackdown — Brewer derided Obama as "thin-skinned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why isn't 'Arkansas' pronounced like 'Kansas'?
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- Internet piracy isn't killing Hollywood
- It's time for the police to rethink 'shoot-to-kill'
- Is the Christian music industry liberalizing on gay marriage?
- This 1,600-year-old Viking war game is still awesome
- Congress' craven approach toward the war on ISIS
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Israel's hawks intimidated and silenced the last remnants of the anti-war left
Subscribe to the Week