Arizona delegate Debra Jean Forrest proudly piles on President Obama at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., sporting a button bearing a photo of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer wagging her finger in Obama's face. The photo was taken in January, when Brewer and Obama were captured in a heated exchange on the tarmac as Obama stepped off his plane in Phoenix. After the argument — apparently sparked when Obama disputed Brewer's earlier claim that Obama had "lectured" her about Arizona's immigration crackdown — Brewer derided Obama as "thin-skinned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week