Arizona delegate Debra Jean Forrest proudly piles on President Obama at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., sporting a button bearing a photo of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer wagging her finger in Obama's face. The photo was taken in January, when Brewer and Obama were captured in a heated exchange on the tarmac as Obama stepped off his plane in Phoenix. After the argument — apparently sparked when Obama disputed Brewer's earlier claim that Obama had "lectured" her about Arizona's immigration crackdown — Brewer derided Obama as "thin-skinned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- Why America needs more billionaires
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
Subscribe to the Week