rizona delegate Debra Jean Forrest proudly piles on President Obama at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., sporting a button bearing a photo of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer wagging her finger in Obama's face. The photo was taken in January, when Brewer and Obama were captured in a heated exchange on the tarmac as Obama stepped off his plane in Phoenix. After the argument — apparently sparked when Obama disputed Brewer's earlier claim that Obama had "lectured" her about Arizona's immigration crackdown — Brewer derided Obama as "thin-skinned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why conservatives see rural America as the 'real' America
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- Why you're probably drinking your beer all wrong
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
Subscribe to the Week