Arizona delegate Debra Jean Forrest proudly piles on President Obama at the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Fla., sporting a button bearing a photo of Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer wagging her finger in Obama's face. The photo was taken in January, when Brewer and Obama were captured in a heated exchange on the tarmac as Obama stepped off his plane in Phoenix. After the argument — apparently sparked when Obama disputed Brewer's earlier claim that Obama had "lectured" her about Arizona's immigration crackdown — Brewer derided Obama as "thin-skinned."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Blame Obama and U.S. evangelicals for the persecution of Iraqi Christians
- The big, gaping hole in the liberal policy arsenal
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Face it, ladies: We can't all be beautiful
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Behind the scenes at small-town America's beauty pageants
Subscribe to the Week