irst Lady Michelle Obama gets her makeup refreshed prior to a Sept. 3 interview leading up to the kickoff of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. On Sept. 4, Mrs. Obama wowed Democratic delegates and TV viewers nationwide with a deeply personal speech that shined a light on her husband's values. "Being president doesn't change who you are," she said. "It reveals who you are."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The world's dumbest idea: Taxing solar energy
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why would a young person today be religious?
- Attack of the invasive species
- Why Good Friday is so important to Christians
- The best online movies to watch this weekend
- Which states get screwed worst by the Electoral College?
- Why I'm a pro-life liberal
Subscribe to the Week