First Lady Michelle Obama gets her makeup refreshed prior to a Sept. 3 interview leading up to the kickoff of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. On Sept. 4, Mrs. Obama wowed Democratic delegates and TV viewers nationwide with a deeply personal speech that shined a light on her husband's values. "Being president doesn't change who you are," she said. "It reveals who you are."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- One girl's extraordinarily wild world
Subscribe to the Week