First Lady Michelle Obama gets her makeup refreshed prior to a Sept. 3 interview leading up to the kickoff of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. On Sept. 4, Mrs. Obama wowed Democratic delegates and TV viewers nationwide with a deeply personal speech that shined a light on her husband's values. "Being president doesn't change who you are," she said. "It reveals who you are."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 10 things you need to know today: August 28, 2014
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- When it comes to ISIS, our Congress is full of cowards
- After Ferguson, we don't need another dialogue on race
- What Ann Coulter and atheist Richard Dawkins have in common
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
Subscribe to the Week