First Lady Michelle Obama gets her makeup refreshed prior to a Sept. 3 interview leading up to the kickoff of the Democratic National Convention in Charlotte, N.C. On Sept. 4, Mrs. Obama wowed Democratic delegates and TV viewers nationwide with a deeply personal speech that shined a light on her husband's values. "Being president doesn't change who you are," she said. "It reveals who you are."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How Scott Brown is executing the perfect GOP Senate campaign
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How foreign aid screwed up Liberia's ability to fight Ebola
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week