In the world of fashion, "there's good weird and there's bad weird." Designer Martin Margiela is "generally agreed to be great weird." Some may scoff at the exorbitant price of his new Paint Splatter Sneakers ($525), considering that they look like low-tops previously worn by a sloppy jungle-gym painter. But "people who spend a lot of time thinking about clothes, looking at clothes, and wanting to look different" find such studied oddness "über-chic." Kanye West even gave Margiela a shout-out in a hit song last year. Source: BuzzFeed
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- The U.S. government is actually trouncing Ebola. When will it get credit?
- Why 2014 may be as good as it gets for the Republican Party
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
- Why America needs more billionaires
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
Subscribe to the Week