The Secret Service is investigating a billboard created by a Texas man that says, "Pray for Obama/Psalms 109:8." That verse reads, "Let his days be few, and let another take his office." Milton Neitsch Jr. says the sign means "exactly what it says," and says he's surprised it generated any controversy. He plans to replace it with a sign reading, "Vote for the American."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 10 things you need to know today: October 21, 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week