Republican Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., lifts President Obama off the ground during a campaign stop on Sept. 9. "Everybody look at these guns," Obama said of Van Duzer's muscles before the embrace. "If I eat your pizza, will I look like that?" Van Duzer responded with a gleeful bear hug. "Man, are you a powerlifter or what?" Obama asked after returning to Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Why China thinks it could defeat the U.S. in battle
- The secret to handling pressure like astronauts, Navy SEALs, and samurai
- How Ferguson made conservatives lose faith in the police
- What you need to know before you support the police in Ferguson
- Girls on Film: 5 things that need to happen before Hollywood will ever truly change
- How the West produces jihadi tourists
- What the 'death of the library' means for the future of books
- Why I give money to homeless people
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week