Republican Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., lifts President Obama off the ground during a campaign stop on Sept. 9. "Everybody look at these guns," Obama said of Van Duzer's muscles before the embrace. "If I eat your pizza, will I look like that?" Van Duzer responded with a gleeful bear hug. "Man, are you a powerlifter or what?" Obama asked after returning to Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- Rise of the machines
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- House hunting: 6 stunning historic conversions
Subscribe to the Week