Republican Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., lifts President Obama off the ground during a campaign stop on Sept. 9. "Everybody look at these guns," Obama said of Van Duzer's muscles before the embrace. "If I eat your pizza, will I look like that?" Van Duzer responded with a gleeful bear hug. "Man, are you a powerlifter or what?" Obama asked after returning to Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How I lost all my money
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- A brief history of the Christmas present
- Pope Francis' American problem
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- 10 things you need to know today: December 20, 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week