Republican Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., lifts President Obama off the ground during a campaign stop on Sept. 9. "Everybody look at these guns," Obama said of Van Duzer's muscles before the embrace. "If I eat your pizza, will I look like that?" Van Duzer responded with a gleeful bear hug. "Man, are you a powerlifter or what?" Obama asked after returning to Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- How did Rick Perry escape blame for the Texas Ebola outbreak?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
Subscribe to the Week