Republican Scott Van Duzer, owner of Big Apple Pizza and Pasta Italian Restaurant in Ft. Pierce, Fla., lifts President Obama off the ground during a campaign stop on Sept. 9. "Everybody look at these guns," Obama said of Van Duzer's muscles before the embrace. "If I eat your pizza, will I look like that?" Van Duzer responded with a gleeful bear hug. "Man, are you a powerlifter or what?" Obama asked after returning to Earth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Your 2-year-old doesn't need to go to school
- If Scotland leaves the union, is Northern Ireland next?
- America is doomed! (And other thoughts on our gloomy historical moment.)
Subscribe to the Week