President Obama makes a surprise visit to a campaign office in Port St. Lucia, Fla., on Sept. 9, and makes a couple phone calls to startled supporters. But before Obama got on the phone, he had a little trouble operating it. First, a staffer handed Obama an iPhone, which he struggled to dial. "Hold on, hold on," the "befuddled commander-in-chief said. "I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry." Eventually the call went through. For the next call, a staffer handed Obama a pre-dialed flip phone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
- How I became a borderline hoarder
- The real reason conservatives should be outraged that police killed a white youth
Subscribe to the Week