resident Obama makes a surprise visit to a campaign office in Port St. Lucia, Fla., on Sept. 9, and makes a couple phone calls to startled supporters. But before Obama got on the phone, he had a little trouble operating it. First, a staffer handed Obama an iPhone, which he struggled to dial. "Hold on, hold on," the "befuddled commander-in-chief said. "I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry." Eventually the call went through. For the next call, a staffer handed Obama a pre-dialed flip phone.
- How to make people like you: 6 science-based conversation hacks
- Watch The Daily Show mock Fox News' 'white Santa' claim
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- How John Boehner learned to stop worrying and hate the Tea Party
- How the budget deal could pave the way for immigration reform
- 10 things you need to know today: December 13, 2013
- The Black Death is back
- What one thing can determine whether or not you're successful in life?
- The lingering mystery of the 1964 World's Fair
- A candid look at what went wrong with Mitt Romney's campaign
Subscribe to the Week