President Obama makes a surprise visit to a campaign office in Port St. Lucia, Fla., on Sept. 9, and makes a couple phone calls to startled supporters. But before Obama got on the phone, he had a little trouble operating it. First, a staffer handed Obama an iPhone, which he struggled to dial. "Hold on, hold on," the "befuddled commander-in-chief said. "I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry." Eventually the call went through. For the next call, a staffer handed Obama a pre-dialed flip phone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week