President Obama makes a surprise visit to a campaign office in Port St. Lucia, Fla., on Sept. 9, and makes a couple phone calls to startled supporters. But before Obama got on the phone, he had a little trouble operating it. First, a staffer handed Obama an iPhone, which he struggled to dial. "Hold on, hold on," the "befuddled commander-in-chief said. "I can do this. See, I still have a BlackBerry." Eventually the call went through. For the next call, a staffer handed Obama a pre-dialed flip phone.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The 11 worst fast food restaurants in America
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why are so many parents being arrested?
- 10 things you need to know today: July 23, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- 5 tricks to making a mind-blowing burger
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Why America is duty bound to help Iraqi Christians
Subscribe to the Week