Republican VP nominee Paul Ryan serves lasagna during a lunch with firefighters in Oak Creek, Wis., on Sept. 11, 2012. The Oak Creek fire station is in Ryan's congressional district, where he's seeking re-election and spending millions on ads while simultaneously running with Mitt Romney on the national ticket.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- This is what happens when Republicans actually enact their radical agenda
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The Obama administration's nonstop incoherence on ISIS
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 6 super-helpful iOS8 tricks you probably don't know about
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How I dug myself out of debt — and stayed that way
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- The European Union was supposed to end nationalism. It gave it new life instead.
Subscribe to the Week