Republican VP nominee Paul Ryan serves lasagna during a lunch with firefighters in Oak Creek, Wis., on Sept. 11, 2012. The Oak Creek fire station is in Ryan's congressional district, where he's seeking re-election and spending millions on ads while simultaneously running with Mitt Romney on the national ticket.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The latent sexism of the male marriage proposal
- Bush vs. Clinton in 2016 is the perfect way to make millennials hate politics even more
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- What is Molly? Everything you need to know about the party drug
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week