Opulent Items' Waterproof Pool Table ($6,500) is one of the "craziest home decor pieces we've ever seen." The billiards table has a traditional slate top, but is finished with completely weather-resistant materials so that it can be installed in your swimming pool or even a courtyard fountain. Each table is made to order and constructed of corrosion-resistant aluminum. If you'd rather not have it hogging space in the pool, just have it set up on the lawn. "Playing a quick game of nine-ball in the rain or snow is never a problem." Source: MSN
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The case for voting (even if America is a corrupt plutocracy rigged by the rich)
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week