s part of its homecoming festivities, Crookston High School in Minnesota announced a "Prey and Predator Day" to celebrate the area's hunting tradition. An explanatory news release — "guys dress in their camouflage and other hunting apparel while girls will show off their animal print" — raised enough of a fuss that the name was changed to "Camo Day." That's "the exact same thing, only without an explicit reference to sexual assault," says Doug Barry at Jezebel. "Soon-to-be-Applebee's-bartender and current Superintendent Chris Bates" had better enjoy his job while it lasts.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is American internet so slow?
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- 22 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Who are the real gay marriage bigots?
- Don't worry: World War III will almost certainly never happen
- Sorry Belle Knox, porn still oppresses women
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
Subscribe to the Week