During a campaign stop at Virginia's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway in early September, Mitt Romney signs a car with a "Romney/Ryan '12" logo. The race itself was delayed by rain, preventing Romney from being able to shout the customary, "Drivers, start your engines!" call that he had planned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
Subscribe to the Week