During a campaign stop at Virginia's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway in early September, Mitt Romney signs a car with a "Romney/Ryan '12" logo. The race itself was delayed by rain, preventing Romney from being able to shout the customary, "Drivers, start your engines!" call that he had planned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 tiny scientific mistakes that created huge disasters
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How science is accelerating our search for alien life
- Inside Turkey's shadow war with ISIS
- The dangerously childish morality of liberal ObamaCare supporters
- The Hunger Games: Mockingjay — Part 1: 10 major differences between the book and the movie
- Uber, and the growing threat of corporate surveillance
Subscribe to the Week