During a campaign stop at Virginia's NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Federated Auto Parts 400 at Richmond International Raceway in early September, Mitt Romney signs a car with a "Romney/Ryan '12" logo. The race itself was delayed by rain, preventing Romney from being able to shout the customary, "Drivers, start your engines!" call that he had planned.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The best places to find love — and lust — according to science
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why GOP reformers are bound to fail
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- 7 things the world's happiest people do every day
- 6 things the most productive people do every day
- How the battle for religious freedom became a nonsensical free-for-all
Subscribe to the Week