A Georgia woman is being sued by her local homeowners association for painting her 4-year-old granddaughter's spacious playhouse shades of pink and purple. While the organization's rules dictate that a shed or garage must be painted the same color as the house itself, homeowner Becky Rogers-Peck contends that a playhouse is not the same as a shed. "The general reaction is, 'Are you kidding me?'" she told TODAY.com. "They're suing you over a pink playhouse?"
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 400,000 Americans marched for climate justice. Now what?
- 4 simple steaks you can cook in a pan
- Save the world... by changing how you pee
- Why does Fareed Zakaria still have a job?
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- Does solar energy have a battery problem?
Subscribe to the Week