he Cranston, R.I., school district had put the kibosh on traditional father-daughter dances and mother-son baseball games, arguing that they violate state gender-discrimination laws. The ACLU had filed a complaint from a single mother whose daughter was barred from a father-daughter dance, and upon review, the superintendent agreed with the complaint. Some parents disagree. This is "complete political correctness run amok," says GOP state Senate candidate Sean Gately.
- Which professions have the most psychopaths?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- What to expect when you're expecting (100 years ago)
- What every TV show can learn from Sleepy Hollow
- 7 health benefits of playing video games
- Diagnosing the Home Alone burglars' injuries: A professional weighs in
- China's massive pollution problem
- The executioners' lament
- There is a better alternative to raising the minimum wage
- How to dramatically improve your memory
Subscribe to the Week