Police in Prince George's County, Md., are setting up security cameras to monitor their speeding cameras. Six of the speeding cameras have been vandalized, burned, and shot by angry motorists — which police said resulted in a "loss of safety for the community." There were no immediate plans for preventing security cameras from also being shot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The stories behind 22 classic album covers
- Bob Odenkirk's 6 favorite books
Subscribe to the Week