Police in Prince George's County, Md., are setting up security cameras to monitor their speeding cameras. Six of the speeding cameras have been vandalized, burned, and shot by angry motorists — which police said resulted in a "loss of safety for the community." There were no immediate plans for preventing security cameras from also being shot.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Sorry, GOP, tax cuts don't pay for themselves
- Why Pakistan won't hunt down the terrorists within its borders
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why the Sony hack changes everything
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
Subscribe to the Week