resident Obama greets excited members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams on the South Lawn of the White House on Sept. 14. Obama praised the athletes for bringing home 104 medals from the London Games, and added that he "mastered the DVR, so I was able to catch a little bit of everything" — including feats the commander-in-chief didn't think were "humanly possible."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Colorado’s new ‘drive high, get a DUI’ commercials are actually pretty clever
- Why is American internet so slow?
- What the collapse of the Ming Dynasty can tell us about American decline
- 7 ways to be the most interesting person in any room
- Ukraine's fraught relationship with Russia: A brief history
- The GOP must try to win over African-Americans
- Sandy Hook shooter Adam Lanza's dad: 'I wish he'd never been born'
- 10 things you need to know today: March 10, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why is it so expensive to build a bridge in America?
Subscribe to the Week