President Obama greets excited members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams on the South Lawn of the White House on Sept. 14. Obama praised the athletes for bringing home 104 medals from the London Games, and added that he "mastered the DVR, so I was able to catch a little bit of everything" — including feats the commander-in-chief didn't think were "humanly possible."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
Subscribe to the Week