resident Obama greets excited members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams on the South Lawn of the White House on Sept. 14. Obama praised the athletes for bringing home 104 medals from the London Games, and added that he "mastered the DVR, so I was able to catch a little bit of everything" — including feats the commander-in-chief didn't think were "humanly possible."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- How my boyfriend and I learned to live on one income
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why the poor's investment of choice is so alarming
- Why China's Communist Party is headed for collapse
- Obama's next steps on immigration
- Affirmative action is doomed. Here's what progressives should do about it.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why Texas Republicans may want to cool the anti-Obama land-grab talk
- How to make perfect fried rice in 6 easy steps
Subscribe to the Week