President Obama greets excited members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams on the South Lawn of the White House on Sept. 14. Obama praised the athletes for bringing home 104 medals from the London Games, and added that he "mastered the DVR, so I was able to catch a little bit of everything" — including feats the commander-in-chief didn't think were "humanly possible."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Will Kobani be ISIS's Waterloo?
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- How to make corn dogs
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week