President Obama greets excited members of the 2012 U.S. Olympic and Paralympic teams on the South Lawn of the White House on Sept. 14. Obama praised the athletes for bringing home 104 medals from the London Games, and added that he "mastered the DVR, so I was able to catch a little bit of everything" — including feats the commander-in-chief didn't think were "humanly possible."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- An open letter to #brands about Gamergate
- 10 soldiers welcomed home by very happy dogs
- The simple trick to making better decisions in every aspect of life
Subscribe to the Week