Mitt Romney and his wife Ann appeared on the daytime talk show Live with Kelly and Michael on Sept. 14. During the show, the GOP presidential nominee admitted that he's a fan of MTV's Jersey Shore star Snooki: "She's energetic. Just her spark plug personality is kind of fun." His predecessor in the 2008 presidential race, John McCain, shared the same affinity. Courting the MTV vote?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
- The elusive 'It factor' in presidential politics
Subscribe to the Week