Mitt Romney and his wife Ann appeared on the daytime talk show Live with Kelly and Michael on Sept. 14. During the show, the GOP presidential nominee admitted that he's a fan of MTV's Jersey Shore star Snooki: "She's energetic. Just her spark plug personality is kind of fun." His predecessor in the 2008 presidential race, John McCain, shared the same affinity. Courting the MTV vote?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Republicans love this new health care plan. Too bad it's basically a tax cut for the rich.
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- In defense of Gwyneth Paltrow
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- 17 old proverbs we should use more often
- Adam Sandler's 'Thanksgiving Song': Explaining the 22-year-old tune's pop-culture references
- Chuck Hagel wasn't the problem. It's America's addiction to endless war.
- Don't blame Chuck Hagel: Obama's foreign policy has been a disaster from end to end
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
Subscribe to the Week