Mitt Romney and his wife Ann appeared on the daytime talk show Live with Kelly and Michael on Sept. 14. During the show, the GOP presidential nominee admitted that he's a fan of MTV's Jersey Shore star Snooki: "She's energetic. Just her spark plug personality is kind of fun." His predecessor in the 2008 presidential race, John McCain, shared the same affinity. Courting the MTV vote?
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How a degree from Duke University dashed my dreams of buying a home
- This is why you can't trust the NSA. Ever.
- Innocent before proven guilty? The bizarre bipartisan rush to clear Rick Perry
- How collaborative innovation led to the experimental serum for Ebola
- 10 things you need to know today: August 22, 2014
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- ISIS and the echoes of the West's religious terror
- Don't listen to Paul Ryan: The GOP is still the party of makers and takers
- 4 things NASA can teach you about a good night's sleep
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week