ost movie product tie-ins are rolled out to coincide with the release of the film, but 24 years after the Tom Hanks hit Big made Zoltar Speaks — the old-timey animatronic arcade fortune teller — a pop culture icon, Hammacher Schlemmer is offering to ship you your very own version ($9,000, plus $200 for shipping). If you buy the 225-pound toy, don't wish to grow big, like Hanks' character, says Doug Aamoth at TIME. Go a more classic route: "Wish that Zoltar gives you unlimited wishes."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why ABC threw its Bachelor under the bus
- Time Warner Cable is raising your monthly rate again
- Why I'm sick and tired of seeing naked women on HBO
- True Detective's dangerous lies about satanic ritual abuse
- Why Ted Cruz is the real-life Frank Underwood
- Why is the 'mor' in 'Voldemort' so evil-sounding?
- America's love-hate relationship with porn
- Here's how Iran is covering Russia's invasion of Crimea
- The wrongheaded law that's making your food less safe
- Here's proof that Justin Bieber is just as spoiled as you always thought
Subscribe to the Week