Most movie product tie-ins are rolled out to coincide with the release of the film, but 24 years after the Tom Hanks hit Big made Zoltar Speaks — the old-timey animatronic arcade fortune teller — a pop culture icon, Hammacher Schlemmer is offering to ship you your very own version ($9,000, plus $200 for shipping). If you buy the 225-pound toy, don't wish to grow big, like Hanks' character, says Doug Aamoth at TIME. Go a more classic route: "Wish that Zoltar gives you unlimited wishes."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- 7 ideas from ancient thinkers that will improve your modern life
- 10 things you need to know today: July 29, 2014
- Are there too many good shows on television?
- The weird obsession that's ruining the GOP
- How to trim $500 from your monthly spending
- Comic-Con 2014: Everything we learned about Avengers 2, Batman v. Superman, and more
Subscribe to the Week