Most movie product tie-ins are rolled out to coincide with the release of the film, but 24 years after the Tom Hanks hit Big made Zoltar Speaks — the old-timey animatronic arcade fortune teller — a pop culture icon, Hammacher Schlemmer is offering to ship you your very own version ($9,000, plus $200 for shipping). If you buy the 225-pound toy, don't wish to grow big, like Hanks' character, says Doug Aamoth at TIME. Go a more classic route: "Wish that Zoltar gives you unlimited wishes."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 10 things you need to know today: September 2, 2014
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Obama era is over. The presidency continues.
- How American businessmen are ruining American business — and the U.S. economy
- Scottish independence is another financial crisis waiting to happen
- America created the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria? Meet the ISIS 'truthers'
- 11 scientific studies that will restore your faith in humanity
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- Fall movie guide: All the films you should see in September
- The 10 best networking tips for people who hate networking
Subscribe to the Week