Most movie product tie-ins are rolled out to coincide with the release of the film, but 24 years after the Tom Hanks hit Big made Zoltar Speaks — the old-timey animatronic arcade fortune teller — a pop culture icon, Hammacher Schlemmer is offering to ship you your very own version ($9,000, plus $200 for shipping). If you buy the 225-pound toy, don't wish to grow big, like Hanks' character, says Doug Aamoth at TIME. Go a more classic route: "Wish that Zoltar gives you unlimited wishes."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- How Scotland's independence movement lost the vote and still won everything
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Mike Huckabee's head-scratching advice to Christian voters
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The American middle class is no longer safe from poverty — and that might be a good thing
- Adrian Peterson and our misguided debate about spanking
- 10 things you need to know today: September 19, 2014
- The Tea Party has its own immigration problem: Cuba
Subscribe to the Week