Most movie product tie-ins are rolled out to coincide with the release of the film, but 24 years after the Tom Hanks hit Big made Zoltar Speaks — the old-timey animatronic arcade fortune teller — a pop culture icon, Hammacher Schlemmer is offering to ship you your very own version ($9,000, plus $200 for shipping). If you buy the 225-pound toy, don't wish to grow big, like Hanks' character, says Doug Aamoth at TIME. Go a more classic route: "Wish that Zoltar gives you unlimited wishes."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week