The nation's first animal obesity center has opened in Massachusetts. The Tufts Obesity Clinic for Animals charges pet owners $250 for medical help and visits with a pet nutritionist. "[Pet] obesity is so common," said clinic official Lisa Freeman. "This is a place they can come to get really comprehensive care."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why gay people of color are still losing
Subscribe to the Week