The nation's first animal obesity center has opened in Massachusetts. The Tufts Obesity Clinic for Animals charges pet owners $250 for medical help and visits with a pet nutritionist. "[Pet] obesity is so common," said clinic official Lisa Freeman. "This is a place they can come to get really comprehensive care."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- 10 things you need to know today: December 18, 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- Could better U.S.-Cuban relations thwart baseball's human smuggling problem?
- How to make the ultimate grilled cheese
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
- Dick Cheney's America is an ugly place
Subscribe to the Week