The nation's first animal obesity center has opened in Massachusetts. The Tufts Obesity Clinic for Animals charges pet owners $250 for medical help and visits with a pet nutritionist. "[Pet] obesity is so common," said clinic official Lisa Freeman. "This is a place they can come to get really comprehensive care."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The mystery behind China's aggressive push into space
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- Why Texas' abortion rates aren't falling as quickly as everyone expected
- Yes, Republicans can impeach President Obama
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Why all drugs should be legal. (Yes, even heroin.)
- The 6 best low-cost smartphones
- What religious traditionalists can teach us about sex
- The 5 best and worst states for a well-lived life
Subscribe to the Week