Ohioan supporters of Mitt Romney wear oven mitts to show their support during his speech at Toledo's Seagate Center, a Sept. 26 event that drew roughly 4,000 of the faithful. Without explicitly acknowledging a connection between himself and baking, Mitt told the crowd, "I love this country, I love Toledo, Ohio. What a welcome."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Why Israel can no longer let the Palestinian Authority be responsible for security in the West Bank
- Why you should really take a nap this afternoon, according to science
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- Grammar quiz: Do you know the passive voice?
- Why charity can't solve society's deepest problems
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week