Ohioan supporters of Mitt Romney wear oven mitts to show their support during his speech at Toledo's Seagate Center, a Sept. 26 event that drew roughly 4,000 of the faithful. Without explicitly acknowledging a connection between himself and baking, Mitt told the crowd, "I love this country, I love Toledo, Ohio. What a welcome."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Everything you need to know about the voter ID controversy
- America's anti-feminist mega-corporations' toxic disregard for women must stop
- Let us now praise Billy Joel
- 10 things you need to know today: October 25, 2014
Subscribe to the Week