Ohioan supporters of Mitt Romney wear oven mitts to show their support during his speech at Toledo's Seagate Center, a Sept. 26 event that drew roughly 4,000 of the faithful. Without explicitly acknowledging a connection between himself and baking, Mitt told the crowd, "I love this country, I love Toledo, Ohio. What a welcome."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- If Democrats abandon immigration reform after Tuesday's likely loss, they will turn 2016 into a debacle
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Beware of Splenda: The backlash against artificial sugars
- Stop making fun of philosophy and read some philosophy
- Sorry, we will not all be having sex with robots in the future
- How the South's ugly racial history is haunting ObamaCare
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- How to live a long life, according to science
- The culture war finally comes to the Catholic Church
Subscribe to the Week