Ohioan supporters of Mitt Romney wear oven mitts to show their support during his speech at Toledo's Seagate Center, a Sept. 26 event that drew roughly 4,000 of the faithful. Without explicitly acknowledging a connection between himself and baking, Mitt told the crowd, "I love this country, I love Toledo, Ohio. What a welcome."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- After Ferguson: Stop deferring to the cops
- Ferguson riots were terrible — but this racist reaction was worse
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Is it now OK to have sex with animals?
- Don't argue about politics this Thanksgiving. Just don't.
- The hilarious hypocrisy of Republicans complaining about the imperial presidency
- In Ferguson, Michael Brown lost his life — and America's police lost the benefit of the doubt
- How Rand Paul's GOP opponents will use his minority outreach against him
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
Subscribe to the Week