Ohioan supporters of Mitt Romney wear oven mitts to show their support during his speech at Toledo's Seagate Center, a Sept. 26 event that drew roughly 4,000 of the faithful. Without explicitly acknowledging a connection between himself and baking, Mitt told the crowd, "I love this country, I love Toledo, Ohio. What a welcome."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- How our botched understanding of 'science' ruins everything
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- How to be the star of a cocktail party where you don't know anyone
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Why so many Christians won't back down on gay marriage
- California's epic drought
- 10 things you need to know today: September 20, 2014
Subscribe to the Week