What would best complement a black-diamond manicure? The world's most expensive dress, of course. The $5.7 million peplum gown, made by British Designer Debbie Wingham, is encrusted with 50 two-carat black diamonds and weighs an astounding 29 pounds. Wingham calls the dress "an anthem for the woman who loves life," says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But perhaps she means "life and diamonds."
Source: The Gloss
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
Subscribe to the Week