What would best complement a black-diamond manicure? The world's most expensive dress, of course. The $5.7 million peplum gown, made by British Designer Debbie Wingham, is encrusted with 50 two-carat black diamonds and weighs an astounding 29 pounds. Wingham calls the dress "an anthem for the woman who loves life," says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But perhaps she means "life and diamonds."
Source: The Gloss
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Russia is stealthily threatening America with nuclear war
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- The science of sex: 4 harsh truths about dating and mating
- 13 Urban Outfitters controversies
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Is 'feminism' just another word for 'liberalism'?
- What political elites don't understand about Scotland's push for independence
- Obama knows he can't really 'defeat' ISIS. Americans need to wake up to that reality, too.
- Why gay people of color are still losing
- The U.S. dollar has been strengthening for 3 straight years! (That's not good news.)
Subscribe to the Week