What would best complement a black-diamond manicure? The world's most expensive dress, of course. The $5.7 million peplum gown, made by British Designer Debbie Wingham, is encrusted with 50 two-carat black diamonds and weighs an astounding 29 pounds. Wingham calls the dress "an anthem for the woman who loves life," says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But perhaps she means "life and diamonds."
Source: The Gloss
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Chuck Hagel was a huge mistake
- Yes, the Obama administration's green loans are unprofitable. They should be.
- Want to eliminate the scourge of frat culture? Lower the drinking age.
- Obama just kneecapped Jeb Bush and Chris Christie's 2016 prospects
- What would it take for humans to build a settlement on Mars?
- 5 quick things you can do today to boost your creativity
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- It's official: The religious right is calling it quits
- Why we gossip, according to science
Subscribe to the Week