What would best complement a black-diamond manicure? The world's most expensive dress, of course. The $5.7 million peplum gown, made by British Designer Debbie Wingham, is encrusted with 50 two-carat black diamonds and weighs an astounding 29 pounds. Wingham calls the dress "an anthem for the woman who loves life," says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But perhaps she means "life and diamonds."
Source: The Gloss
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Here comes the Pentagon's newest space plane
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- The real story behind Deliver Us From Evil
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Extreme haunted houses: Inside Halloween's most terrifying new trend
- Did the media get Ferguson wrong?
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
Subscribe to the Week