What would best complement a black-diamond manicure? The world's most expensive dress, of course. The $5.7 million peplum gown, made by British Designer Debbie Wingham, is encrusted with 50 two-carat black diamonds and weighs an astounding 29 pounds. Wingham calls the dress "an anthem for the woman who loves life," says Ashley Cardiff at The Gloss. But perhaps she means "life and diamonds."
Source: The Gloss
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How U.S. special forces are preparing for the worst-case scenario in North Korea
- Here's the schedule very successful people follow every day
- I hate Ayn Rand — but here's why my fellow conservatives love her
- Why you shouldn't eat dog. Not even once.
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The danger of the Democrats' lack of desperation
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- Hey, Paul Ryan's new poverty plan isn't completely terrible!
- How social conservatives became a minority in need of protection
- The biggest lesson Obama failed to learn from Bush
Subscribe to the Week