Yes, the sprawling drive-in theater is becoming a thing of the past, but German automaker Smart's latest creation takes the retro concept and gives it futuristic, ultra-convenient micro appeal. The Smart ForStars sport utility coupe, unveiled at the Paris Motor Show, has a movie projector embedded in its hood, making it easy to transform any blank wall into an "instant cinematic tailgate party." The projector features a high-quality sound system, and can even stream video from an iPhone via Bluetooth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How academia's liberal bias is killing social science
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Hey, bosses: Stop giving bonuses to your employees
- Why torture doesn't work: A definitive guide
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- Alien conspiracy theorists think the government is on the verge of spilling big secrets
- You should be furious about Hollywood's gutless retreat on The Interview
When Americans banned Christmas
- Capitalism isn't a cure-all for Cuba
Subscribe to the Week