Yes, the sprawling drive-in theater is becoming a thing of the past, but German automaker Smart's latest creation takes the retro concept and gives it futuristic, ultra-convenient micro appeal. The Smart ForStars sport utility coupe, unveiled at the Paris Motor Show, has a movie projector embedded in its hood, making it easy to transform any blank wall into an "instant cinematic tailgate party." The projector features a high-quality sound system, and can even stream video from an iPhone via Bluetooth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The U.S. Marines are developing laser weapons. Here's why.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Paul Krugman, Amazon, and the left's backwards view of book-industry titans
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
- Why the Supreme Court is allowing Texas to hold an unconstitutional election
- Ban PowerPoint!
- How 1,000-year lifespans could remake the economy
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
Subscribe to the Week