Yes, the sprawling drive-in theater is becoming a thing of the past, but German automaker Smart's latest creation takes the retro concept and gives it futuristic, ultra-convenient micro appeal. The Smart ForStars sport utility coupe, unveiled at the Paris Motor Show, has a movie projector embedded in its hood, making it easy to transform any blank wall into an "instant cinematic tailgate party." The projector features a high-quality sound system, and can even stream video from an iPhone via Bluetooth.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- What the Middle Ages can tell us about the GOP's big charity myth
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- The U.S. is about to sell weapons to Vietnam. That's bad news for China.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- The uncomfortable truth in The Giving Tree
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
Subscribe to the Week