President Obama shakes hands with a young boy on Sept. 30 after arriving at McCarran International Airport in Las Vegas. While in town, Obama spoke at a campaign rally, urging Nevadans, who picked Obama over John McCain in 2008, to back him once again. Judging by this youngster's ear-to-ear toothless grin, if he were 18, he'd likely endorse giving the president four more years, too.
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- Why America won't have enough money to battle ISIS
- Why the Chinese military is only a paper dragon
- The troubling persistence of eugenicist thought in modern America
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How the Simpsons/Family Guy crossover revealed the worst of both shows
- 11 facts yü should know about the umlaut
- Libertarianism's terrible, horrible, no good, very bad idea
Subscribe to the Week