hildren's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) found itself in a panic after outraged, arguably dimwitted Los Angelenos complained that its ad campaign is grossly inappropriate. The source of the fury: Humorous billboards promoting the Adult Swim TV show, Childrens Hospital, in which a "doctor" wears clown makeup and bloody scrubs. The confusion prompted CHLA authorities to send out a clarifying memo distancing the gory ads from their real, life-saving institution. "So...in conclusion, clown doctors aren't real," says TMZ. "Don't let them operate on your kids."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- The sexual politics of Game of Thrones just got enormously worse
- 31 TV shows to watch in 2014
- The hidden reason for the student loan crisis
- He said he was leaving. She ignored him.
- Why atheism doesn't have the upper hand over religion
- 14 wonderful words with no English equivalent
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- The Democrats have a mega-donor problem
- Wounded in Boston, two brothers endure
- Why Easter is so important to Christians
Subscribe to the Week