Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) found itself in a panic after outraged, arguably dimwitted Los Angelenos complained that its ad campaign is grossly inappropriate. The source of the fury: Humorous billboards promoting the Adult Swim TV show, Childrens Hospital, in which a "doctor" wears clown makeup and bloody scrubs. The confusion prompted CHLA authorities to send out a clarifying memo distancing the gory ads from their real, life-saving institution. "So...in conclusion, clown doctors aren't real," says TMZ. "Don't let them operate on your kids."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why the West should let Russia have eastern Ukraine
- What would a U.S.-Russia war look like?
- 7 grammar rules you really should pay attention to
- 9 Harvard dropouts who became fabulously successful
- Why you should stop believing in evolution
- Your literary playlist: A guide to the music of Haruki Murakami
- The dangers of our passionless American life
- The next pandemic
- 10 things you need to know today: August 30, 2014
- How China sparked an Asian frenzy for killer submarines
Subscribe to the Week