Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) found itself in a panic after outraged, arguably dimwitted Los Angelenos complained that its ad campaign is grossly inappropriate. The source of the fury: Humorous billboards promoting the Adult Swim TV show, Childrens Hospital, in which a "doctor" wears clown makeup and bloody scrubs. The confusion prompted CHLA authorities to send out a clarifying memo distancing the gory ads from their real, life-saving institution. "So...in conclusion, clown doctors aren't real," says TMZ. "Don't let them operate on your kids."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- Ted Cruz is the new Sarah Palin
- How liberals are unwittingly paving the way for the legalization of adult incest
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- Why you probably don't have Ebola — even if you shook hands with America's 'patient zero'
- Fall film guide: All the movies you should see in October
- Bill O'Reilly and Stephen Colbert are accidentally having a serious debate on ISIS
- Watch out, China — America is working on dogfighting drones
- The dumb war in Syria will haunt Democrats' 2014 prospects
- You're reheating pizza wrong
Subscribe to the Week