Children's Hospital Los Angeles (CHLA) found itself in a panic after outraged, arguably dimwitted Los Angelenos complained that its ad campaign is grossly inappropriate. The source of the fury: Humorous billboards promoting the Adult Swim TV show, Childrens Hospital, in which a "doctor" wears clown makeup and bloody scrubs. The confusion prompted CHLA authorities to send out a clarifying memo distancing the gory ads from their real, life-saving institution. "So...in conclusion, clown doctors aren't real," says TMZ. "Don't let them operate on your kids."
THE WEEK'S AUDIOPHILE PODCASTS: LISTEN SMARTER
- Why is the Pentagon stuffing caves in Norway full of tanks?
- 43 TV shows to watch in 2014
- How to be the most productive person in your office — and still get home by 5:30 p.m.
- 3 horrific inaccuracies in Homeland's depiction of Islamabad
- Syrian women know how to defeat ISIS
- 5 baffling foreign-language versions of the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme song
- The one thing the New Atheists get right about religion
- 6 things the happiest families all have in common
- Why America needs more billionaires
- Gamergate has backfired spectacularly on its nincompoop perpetrators
Subscribe to the Week